Updated: October 22, 2020
E Plus Building Products Pty Ltd ACN 128 193 126 (“E-Core®”, “we, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy law. This policy will inform you about how we collect and process your personal information through your use of and access to this website (www.e-core.com.au), purchase, use of our products and services and when you enter into a commercial or employment arrangement with us.
- Third party links
- The personal information we collect about you
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity of the individual has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and process personal information about you, including:
- identity information, including name, title, company name, job title, gender and date of birth;
- contact information, including billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number(s) (and for employees, emergency contacts and for job applicants, information about or from your referees or previous employers);
- purchase and transaction information, including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us, bank account and credit card details;
- account information, including your account number, your preferences and feedback;
- support service information, including your enquiries and comments;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you or where you have opted in to receive marketing information; and
- employment records relating to your employment or potential employment by us.
- If you fail to provide personal information
If you choose not to provide the personal information as requested, we may not be able to supply you with our products or services or perform or fulfil our contractual obligations to you under any agreement entered between you and us.
- How is your personal information collected?
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- the forms you complete on this website, in person, or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise;
- when you enquire about making a purchase, becoming a licensee or distributor or employment by us;
- when you purchase products and services from us or our licensees or distributors or enter into a contractor, services or employment agreement with us.
- Purposes for which we will collect or use your personal information
We may collect and use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to on-board you as a new customer, licensee, distributor, contractor or employee;
- to manage our relationship with you, process, manage and deliver your orders, or otherwise fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including to respond to enquiries or complaints;
- to administer and protect our business, exercise our rights or conduct or manage our operations and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- to conduct and analyse market research;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you or where you have opted in to receive marketing information.
- Third party marketing
Unless we have another lawful means for processing your personal information, we will seek to obtain your opt-in consent before we share your personal information for promotional and marketing purposes with any company outside of our company group.
- Storage and security of your personal information
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location in or outside Australia (service location).
We implement appropriate security measures, which aim to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. We require them to only process your personal information on our instructions and subject them to a duty of confidentiality.
We will notify you and the Australian Office of the Information Commissioner of any eligible data breach where we are legally required to do so and seek to mitigate the harm that may be caused by such breach of your personal information.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We may share your personal information with the persons set out below:
- our parent company;
- our third party service providers so that they can provide their services to us including website administration, payment processing, data hosting and back-up/archiving, financial management services, marketing and promotional services or business administration;
- professional advisers, including, but not limited to, lawyers, bankers, auditors, audit assessors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance or accounting services;
- third parties, including regulators and authorities, where we are legally obliged to disclose your personal information to them.
- How long do we retain your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your rights to access and correct your personal information and withdraw consent
You have the right:
- to request us for access to and/or to correct your personal information;
- to withdraw consents that allow us to use or process your personal information (subject to any legal obligations with which we are required to comply).
We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information if we consider it is incorrect.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us as set out below in section 14.
- No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights) under applicable law. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure you have the right to access requested personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure aimed to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to a person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help speed up our response to your request.
- Time limit to respond
We will try to respond to all legitimate written requests by you regarding your personal information within 30 days after your requests and as soon as practicable after receiving them. It may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will let you know and keep you updated.
- By post: E Plus Building Products Pty Ltd 13 North Concourse Beaumaris VIC 3193 Australia
- By email: email@example.com